What is the NAPD?
The National Association of Pallet Distributors (N.A.P.D) was founded in 1984 to promote the repair and recycling of pallets to the highest standards.
Only companies agreeing to meet these standards are admitted to membership.
The services provided by NAPD members include sales of new and used pallets, pallet repair services, packing cases, export packing, factory clearance and wood waste disposal.
Why should I buy used pallets?
- Used pallets are exempt from packaging waste regulations, so buyers are spared the costs and paperwork of meeting these regulations.
- It makes economic sense to buy quality used pallets or use a repair service.
- Used pallets are cheaper than new and so are more cost effective.
- Pallets refurbished to their original specification, as recent research has shown, are often stronger than new.
Why use an N.A.P.D pallet supplier?
- NAPD members agree to observe a code of trading practice to ensure their customers can rely on member’s integrity to provide a fast efficient service.
- NAPD offers a nationwide network of companies and depots to serve your local needs.
- NAPD members are also major manufacturers of new pallets and so can match your exact needs.
- The NAPD has played a key role in the production of pallet quality standards in particular BS EN ISO 18613: repair of flat wooden pallets, to ensure a safe, high quality produced.
- The NAPD carries out testing to ensure that it’s member’s pallets meet the EU Heavy Metals Reduction Requirements and can provide documentation for customers to satisfy Trading Standards Authorities.
- NAPD is committed to an on-going testing programme.
- The NAPD undertake tests to BS EN ISO 12777-1 on the nails used in pallet repair to ensure adequate strength and safety.
- NAPD members can provide customers with a first-class technical advice on home and overseas pallet specifications, quarantine regulations and BSI & HSE recommendations for safe loading and stacking requirements on new and used pallets through its membership of Palletlink.